NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Carolla Big Game Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Sweepstakes is also only open to legal U.S. residents residing in the fifty (50) United States or Washington D.C. and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Carolla Drinks, 16217 Kittridge St. Van Nuys, CA 91406 (“Sponsor”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about December 16th, 2019 and ending January, 20th 2020. All online entries must be received by January, 20th 2020 11:59PM EST.
4. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry using the online forms provided on www.carollanewsletter.com or www.adamcarolla.com (“Websites”). The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor. All newsletter signups from the Websites dating back to November 13, 2019 shall be treated as an automatic entry in the Sweepstakes subject to Eligibility and all other Rules herein.
5. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize is available. The Grand Prize consists of a trip for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest to Los Angeles, CA from January 31, 2020 through February 2, 2020 to watch the big game at a party hosted in person by Adam Carolla. The Grand Prize includes round-trip, economy-class air transportation for the winner and one (1) guest from a major airport near winner’s residence (as determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor) to Los Angeles, CA, two (2) nights’ hotel accommodation (one room, double occupancy). The Grand Prize does not include any meals, gratuities, travel or other expenses not described above. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $3,000. The winner’s guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older, or if the guest is a minor, the winner must be such guest’s parent or legal guardian. Winner and his or her guest must travel together on the same itinerary and possess all required travel documents, including a valid photo ID. Air transportation tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All air transportation tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages and schedule or route changes. ARV may vary depending upon points of departure and destination and fare fluctuations. If the closest airport to a prize winner’s home is in close enough proximity to prize destination city so that, as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion, a flight is unnecessary, such prize winner will receive alternate transportation from the Sponsor with no further obligation to the winner. Prize winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the prize ARV in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to structure the travel route and select hotels in its sole discretion. In the event winner and/or his/her guest engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send winner and/or his or her guest home with no further compensation.
If winner is unable to participate in the trip during the dates designated by Sponsor, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Dates of departure and return are subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event the prize winner is able to participate in the trip during the dates designated by Sponsor but the “Big Game” does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons including but not limited to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponement, an event of force majeure, or for any other reason, then the Sponsor reserves the right to award the remainder of the prize with no further obligation to the winner. Excepting the preceding sentence, no cash alternative or prize substitutions will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if a prize listed or any portion thereof is unavailable for any reason.
- General Prize Conditions: Winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state, and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize. Any potential winner must sign and have notarized an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If winner fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within two (2) days of prize notification (or a shorter time if required by exigencies), winner may be disqualified and the prize in question will not be awarded. The Grand Prize winner’s guest (or guest’s parent or legal guardian if guest is a minor in his/her state of residence) must sign and return applicable Prize Claim Documents prior to ticketing of the Grand Prize. The Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of their prize.
- General: Acceptance of a prize constitutes prize winner’s permission for Sponsor and its designees to use prize winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation. Entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities and the NFL Entities (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer system or wireless phone which is occasioned by participating in the Sweepstakes, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due submissions or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect registered participants as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.9. Winner selection and notification: At the end of the Sweepstakes Period, one (1) Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received in accordance with the deadlines stated in these Official Rules. The potential prize winner will be notified by telephone and/or mail and/or e-mail, using contact information provided or collected at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within seventy-two (72) hours of the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
10. Disputes: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winner List: For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Carolla Drinks, 16217 Kittridge St. Van Nuys, CA 91406. All such requests must be received within six (6) weeks after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
THE NFL ENTITIES: The National Football League, their member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL Productions, LLC, NFL International, LLC, NFL Players Association, NFL Players Incorporated, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, members, representatives, and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Promotion or any prize awarded. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this Promotion in any way.